CMDGYM

072-5092827

CMD GYM Works hard to avoid all outside distractions.. Inside our walls the purpose is to push our limits. strengthen our weaknesses and break our mental barriers that each of us are capable of doing.. Our Standards are high and Our expectations are higher. We make the Arena hard. So once outside the world becomes easier…We only welcome like minded people.

PERCEPTIONS

Our first post on our new site, was written on the tail end of wrapping up this summers blockbuster " Wonder Woman." The training was intense the experience was a serious game changer. We will dive into that after the movie releases this weekend, It will be a two part post.

Wonder Woman: Amazon's on set resting between takes.

Wonder Woman: Amazon's on set resting between takes.

Training and killing time efficiently, 

Training and killing time efficiently, 

Recently I was training with a few friends after returning from training the cast and crew for next summers DC Comics film Wonder Woman. We ended up in a conversation about fitness perceptions and how social media doesn't always help. The past 3-4 months while working on the project. more and more people are asking about my training and diet. Some have even asked others in our circle if I'm on something.

Things aren't always what they seem. First of all, social media never shows you the whole process. People post one meal and maybe a workout or two, and oddly enough don't show the other 19-20 hours of the day. it comes across that's all they have done. People don't see the walks to the gym instead of driving, replacing a drink with water, drinking coffee black, getting meals with your sauces on the side, getting loads of rest and recovery and my all time favorite, being good so when it's time you can be bad.. 

I've also thrown all the supplements out the window. I even went a step further and removed all stresses, such as people, situations etc. Basically anything that fucks with my whole Zen thing I've got going on is getting tossed. Another important thing is, don't think for a second that everyday is by the book diet wise and I could care less what time you wake up in the mornings and train. 

What matters is the time put in when its put in. Anyone who knows me and has had the pleasure of rolling with me knows I love Guinness, Tequila and Donuts. I'm even confident that some friends are still getting over a hangover as we speak. You can thank me later guys.

Bottomline: moderation, place and time. Some are convinced that they can't show the cracks in the armor, or the not so perfectly scheduled training day image. Come on, in my eyes it just means you're hiding something else. Moving back to social media I feel we all need to get better at showing the 20 percent we do, to get the other 80 percent we put on social media. Just look at it like this. You can either sink, swim or be the captain. I refuse to sink, I know damn well how to swim. So I'll take the last option.