" So You Want To Look Like A Superhero"
We've all been there, we've all had that moment. I can vividly remember mine, Dolph Lundgren in Rocky IV. The dude was 9ft tall, Jacked, Looked like a Norse god and didn't have to explain fuck all to anybody. Oh, and I quote. “ The results are quit obvious, whatever Drago hits… He destroys” Well damn son! Where do I sign up?! It’s safe to say men and women have all had that moment. Someone looking a certain way that made them want to chase the superhero physique. Being in this business two things are clear as day…
1) Yes you can look that way.
2) Don’t expect to keep that look 365 days of the year.
its an unfortunate misconception. Thanks to social media, snake oil salesmen and those strip mall gyms that promise a six pack in six weeks. The things that seem to get thrown to the wayside in these forums is work, attitude and commitment. It always seems to be the finished product people admire, not the work thats put in. Lets get a few things straight before we start swimming out into the deep end. Yes picking your parents wisely helps. Yes not everyone starts at the same place, and yes some people do have to work harder then others to accomplish this task.
A key thing I always tell my clients is, try to stay in striking distance of your fighting weight or physical goals. Or in lamest terms, its easier to stay fit then get fit… So back to getting that Super hero bod! Mike Tyson said it best. “ Everyone has a plan till they get punched in the face”
first and foremost in my book is STAY IN THE FUCKING SADDLE! Its gonna get hard, its going to suck, You'll question yourself, your coach and life at times. All this is even before we start dialing in the diet.
Now thats out of the way, let get you ready to save the world. Well at least look the part… These things will seem simple to some but alien to others...
1) Be ready to get disappointed with yourself. You are going to find out what you are really made of. For some its a hard pill to swallow, others it will fuel the fire!
2) Hit your numbers! a few of us are firm believers in this! Yes the perfect program will have bumps in it, your schedule, family, work, sick, etc.. We get it! however you need to get the work in and done, even if one day has to be changed for another because of time. its ok do it!
3) FOOD! Simple to the point, if you are packing on muscle, size, weight whatever! Don't let that be a excuse to eat Pizza, Drink Coke, Burgers etc. Eat good food to put the weight on, you'll feel better, not guilty, and it will be easier to deal with the leaning out process at the end.
I like to say the gaining part is the party, and the leaning out part is the bill for $1,000 bucks for one night of clubing... When you have to pay the bill. Don't flinch just go with it.
4) Simple but hard for most, SLEEP, SEX, NO STRESS, POSITIVE PEOPLE, Is one of the fastest ways to drop weight/fat and get lean, also try and keep your output higher then your input. stupid terms. if you eat 3000cal a day, you better be burning off 4000cal a day.
Thats pretty much it in a nutshell, yes you need to dial in diet, and need a detailed training program. However I like to think most have a grasp on what to do. Then again some need to be told what they already know, and given what they need, not what they want...
Enjoy the process and remember. Every superhero has to get used to their powers, they just don't kill it from the jump!
"ITS A PROCESS EXCEPT AND EMBRACE IT"